British authorities and organisations might request certified or “official”, or “sworn” translations of various foreign documents. In most cases this means a translation certified by the translator who made it or by a translation agency and containing a statement that it is a true and correct translation of the foreign document. Certified translations are sufficient for submission to the Home Office, Passport Office, registry offices, universities, UK NARIC (the national agency for the recognition and comparison of international qualifications) and other organisations. If you need such a translation from Latvian, I can help. I am a member of CIOL (Chartered Institute of Linguists), which is a trusted professional association for language professionals in Britain. Please be free to write to olgerts@eglitis.lv for further details and to arrange a translation.